Friday, April 15, 2011

Rainbow Butterfly Cupcakes




It has taken two solid evenings of work, but they're finally done! Chocolate butterflies on rainbow cupcakes! Created specially for a special 4 year old on her birthday.

Directions for how to make the butterflies can be found at this blog: http://annies-eats.net/2009/05/26/butterfly-cupcakes/ I think that this is another recipe that will take a while to get right!

As for the cupcakes - just a simple vanilla cake, divided into six parts and coloured, then layered into the pattie cases. While they look good, I'm a little disappointed that I could not get the layers even, as I have seen some other people do - if anyone has any tips, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! You're so talented. I totally want to make some rainbow jelly now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Belle! And thank you for following :)
    You should definately try it! It is well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete